30 minute Reiki session $35
60 minute Reiki session $65
30 minute distance Reiki session $30
60 minute distance Reiki session $60
I offer a 10% discount when you buy a package of 5 sessions
Reiki is a subtle energy practice, working at its own frequency, transmitting information, somewhat like a radio or cell phone. In the case of Reiki it seems to be transmitting information related to balance and healing. Reiki is difficult to explain clearly, in more scientific terms, at this time where we are still at the beginning stages of understanding the energy fields that operate in, around and through us. What we do know from research thus far, is that, during a Reiki session, there is a lowering of stress hormones and an increase in heart rate variability, both indicators of the body shifting into relaxation and self healing. Reiki always works for the benefit of the recipient.
As a practitioner, Reiki is a practice for knowledge and expansion on the personal level, balanced functioning on all levels, and a healing art at the broadest level. This method of subtle energy practice was developed in the early 20th century by a Japanese man named Mikao Usui. During a lengthy fasting retreat he received an understanding of the use of subtle energy to help healing. He began sharing this with others as a healer and then as a teacher.
Reiki is safe, gentle and beneficial for all ages . As it does not interfere with any other treatments and, in fact, can help patients better respond to other treatments, it is now being used in many medical settings to help patients relax and to improve their ability to heal more quickly .
Reiki sessions are relaxing, meditative and restorative on all levels of being. It fosters an overall sense of well-being, greater calmness and, often, a feeling of inner harmony. Common responses to Reiki are:
- improved sleep
- improved digestion
- a quicker recovery from mental and emotional stresses
- relief from pain and anxiety
- an increase in self awareness, self compassion and self forgiveness
What to Expect During a Reiki session:
The key points to know about a Reiki session are:
- you will remain fully clothed
- it is usually carried out with the patient lying on a massage table or seated in a chair, depending on the client's preference
- you will choose if you would like touch or no touch. Both are equally effective.
- if you choose touch it will be a gentle touch using both hands placed on the body, with no manipulation, starting at the head and going down to the ankles or feet. The touch is always respectful and appropriate.
- if you choose no touch the practitioner will have their hands above your body throughout the session.
- after completing the front of your body you will be asked to turn over and lie on your stomach and the practitioner will continue moving their hands down the back body
I started my Reiki studies in 2008 in Amman, Jordan and became a Reiki Master in 2013 in Virginia, USA and a Reiki Master Teacher in 2014 in Penticton, BC Canada. Practicing Reiki daily has greatly improved my self awareness, and the functioning and wellbeing, on all levels, of my body, mind and spirit,